Invitation to Annual Road Traffic & Transport Legislation Workshops
October 20, 2020< Back to Blog
The team behind R2MS has partnered with Alta Swanepoel & Associates to provide a one stop shop for all your AARTO needs.
Alta is running a series of road traffic and transport legislative update workshops in November and has welcomed us to invite you!
So on behalf of Alta, you are invited to register for the Annual Road Traffic and Transport Legislation workshops:
The 21st Annual Road Traffic and Transport Legislation workshop dates and venues are:
Stellenbosch – Protea Hotel, Technopark – 10 November 2020
Durban – Garden Court, Marine Parade – 12 November 2020
Pretoria – CSIR, Lynnwood – 25 November 2020
Webinar – Hybrid event – 25 November 2020
Topics for discussion at the Workshops:
- The Road Traffic Infringement Agency (RTIA) has announced that the AARTO roll-out for the rest of SA (in force in Tshwane and Johannesburg) and the demerit point system will be postponed until 1 July 2021, due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. The draft regulations were published on 2 October 2020. We will be discussing the amendments at the November workshops.
- The National Road Traffic Amendment Bill, as well as the Economic Regulation of Transport Bill, is currently in the National Assembly in Parliament, and we will be addressing the issues to be introduced or amended by the bills.
- The National Land Transport Amendment Act, 2016 has been approved by Parliament and is awaiting the President’s signature. This will also be discussed at the workshop.
- The Registration fee is R3 250,00 per person (VAT Included) and includes the workshop documentation, an updated copy of the NRTA, refreshments and lunch. We are an ECSA member: SARF17/ASA01/20
- TO REGISTER – Please contact Alta’s office via email to request a registration form or visit our website.
You are welcome to forward this invitation to any other interested parties who may wish to attend the workshop.
Please contact our Alta at her office at [email protected] for any further information.